Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reasonably tasty, but not really delicious...

I've been aware of Del.icio.us for a while now but have never really been inspired enough to actually have a good look at it. After now having had a bit of a dig around the site I've got a better understanding of how it works, and can definitely see some potential for its use in libraries as a research aid. The example of how it's been used by Sutherland Library was pretty impressive. I can see how this same approach could also be used at my own library to manage all the various subject area links that we currently have.

I still don't really think it's something that I'm likely to use for my own personal use though, it just doesn't seem to be something that I really have a need for at the moment. I set up my own account as suggested in our "Explore" activity, but I have to say I'm still a bit uninspired about using it for anything outside of the work related example mentioned above. I'll continue to have a play around with it over the next few weeks and see if my opinion changes as I maybe become more familiar with it.

No comments: