Monday, April 14, 2008

Do the Library Thing!

OK, I do read books, but I'm a bit of a slowish reader so I tend not to get through that many in a year. I know there are people who read a whole pile of books each month (like a friend of mine who often knocks over a novel in an afternoon)... but I'm not one of them. I therefore doubt that I will ever be a Library Thing "power user", although I did have fun adding titles to my LT account.

I think LT is a great readers advisory tool and I can definitely see the value of it for those "extreme book readers" like my friend. I do also think the recommendations feature is pretty cool. I tried this with my somewhat meager list of only 10 books and still found some great looking stuff in my recommended readings list. I will play around with this a bit more as I do sometimes find myself in a "what shall I read now" situation.


1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

There are some good readers advisors options for LibraryThing.

Ellen